Heather at Where Grace Abounds has nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thank you, Heather! I am extremely flattered. (Linkie: https://sparrowsingsweetly.wordpress.com/ – a pleasant place to visit, full of Bible and beauty).
Recent terms of participation involve the following:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 5 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and (preferably) have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 5 questions.
Random Facts About Me:
- I have an obsessive relationship with color, and spend quite a lot of time thinking about colors, exact shades, matching, how things work on different people, how I’d dress my friends, the shade of the sea or the interplay of colors with a blossom on the ground. I **really enjoy** visual beauty and am emotionally affected by the aesthetics of my surroundings. I *do* stop to smell the roses or just to look at them more closely!
- I tend to let things for this blog burble around in the back of my head and then I pour them out all at once. With rare exceptions, I don’t do much editing. I’m not a wordsmith, I’m trying to get the idea across. Since I think in pictures and connections more than in words, this is sometimes difficult for me. (I think in collage – collages of ideas, pictures, etc.) *Please* feel free to comment, you might help me draw out what I was trying to say in the first place.
- I really like rocks. I like chunks of stone from river rocks to amethyst. My husband does too, our house is full of rocks. I like glass and wood and sharp steel – I don’t particularly like plastic, and I avoid it. I also strongly prefer natural fibers, and my friends get a kick out of the face I make when I touch cheap polyester.
- I’m an only child of an only child. (My mom has sibs, my dad does not).
- I couldn’t think of anything else you don’t know, so I told my husband I was trying to think up 5 facts about myself. He said, “You look like a Swedish barmaid”. I don’t know how relevant that is, but it made me laugh, so there you are.
Heather’s questions for us:
- What is your most influential blogging inspiration? Uh. Elspeth over at Breathing Grace maybe? Um. That’s hard, I write as I think. So if something you said makes me think, then you’re my inspiration.
- Share a favorite quotation. Um again. This one fits where my head has been lately, although it was forgotten in my pinterest page of quotations. Francis Chan. “It is true that God may have called you to be exactly where you are. But, it is absolutely vital to grasp that He didn’t call you there so you could settle in and live your life in comfort and superficial peace.”
- What is your favorite book, author or literary genre? I read fantasy/sci-fi, with forays into topical autobiography.
- Do you have a favorite season? If so, why? Yes, Spring. 🙂 The weather is beyond perfection, with warm sun and cool breezes, and all the lovely flowers and green grass…. ah, could it only be Spring forever!
- List three sources of joy in your life. Other than God, which is sort of cheating…. and my family, likewise… Beauty, creation, nature.
Questions for my hapless lot of award-ees:
- If there was one thing you could change about the world to set us back on the right course … what would that be, and why?
- What are your favorite creative outlets?
- What music do you listen to that makes your heart glad?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be, and why?
- Why do you read blogs?
Now for my nominees… there are a couple that I would nominate but I think they’d prefer the semi-anonymity that they blog under, so I’ll skip them. If you think that’s you, it probably is. 😉
Elspeth at Loving in the Ruins: http://lovingintheruins.wordpress.com/
Jenny at Delightful Oak: http://www.delightfuloak.com/
Maeve at Wannabe Martha: http://maeve0330.wordpress.com/
Magistra at Myriads of Thoughts: http://magistratrium.wordpress.com/
Debbie at Coop and Cottage: http://coopandcottage.blogspot.com/
Okay, it’s been fun but it took forever to do that… I think one blog award is sufficient for a lifetime, though if you want to tell me I’m awesome, please feel free anytime. LOL. 😀